Welcome to Year 4
Welcome Year 4 Parents!
I hope you and your children have settled into school life well. We have been very impressed with how fantastically the children have adapted to being back at school and are enjoying learning and playing with their peers.
Thank you for making the drop-offs and pick-ups go smoothly as the children are coming in really calmly and leaving in the same manner. If you have a quick query, please feel free to talk to us however we would prefer an email so feel free to contact us anytime on our class email addresses:
Class 9 – Mrs Crichton and Mr Low – firstname.lastname@example.org
Class 10 – Miss Hoare – email@example.com
A few reminders:
- Class 9 and 10 to bring in PE kits on Wednesday's - please come dressed in PE kit and have school uniform in bag, ready to put on after.
- Spellings – Every Friday we will be giving out their spellings ready for a test for the following Friday.
- Times tables – Each week we will be focusing on a set times table and we will carry out mini tests on this times table throughout the week. We’ve started on 2x table this week and then will proceed on 5x next week. We will then go to 10x, 3x, 4x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, 11x, and 12 x. Please assist your children with the practise of these at home.
- Times Table Rock Stars – please use this programme at home to allow the children to practise their tables – your child’s username and password will be in their reading journals. (Their levels are generated by TTRS using the sound check test.)
- Daily reading - we encourage you to read with your children daily and there is a daily space in their reading journals for this. If you read with your child, please sign the entry in your child’s reading journal. Each Friday we will be checking your child’s journal and rewarding them with one tick or two ticks (two ticks for at least 5 readings per week!)
We are really looking forward to the year ahead.
Year 4 Team